Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sip Sip... Chat Chat...

Coffee Thoughts...
I love this green mug... I own a green mug that is similar - mmm... A conversation over coffee... always!


I have been doing a lot of thinking about life. About my life - my calling, my gifts, my purpose, my future - and also - what church means to me. What it is, or what it should be. If there is ONE definition, of what "church" means. I guess not, cuz all churches are so different - but was there a guideline... a way to know what sunday morning should look like? A way to know how to build community, and yet get outside of yourselves in order to bring Christ to the world? How do you do it all? And with integrity? and without being afraid of Man? Cuz Man - Man is a killer! Working in church can get you that way - you ALWAYS need to refocus, and hear clearly what God has called you to - but it's hard, when people are so crazy opinionated! Including me! I get in the way of God often - he wants to do something new - and I am just stuck on the old! Argh Maria! anyhow. There is a lot going on. Mostly in my heart and mind... Isn't this funny? These blogs - it is literally like a little mini journal, that everyone can read! The times: are good. Keep thinking, folks. (my dad says 'folks'... I'm so proud...) And keep feeling - keep pursuing a God encounter - an encounter of Grace. An encounter of worship... and make the effort to remember that God created you, primarily to worship Him! And sometimes, when you don't even know it, you are doing just that! By being obedient! By channeling and using the gifts he has put in you - in so many ways... (this is as much a reminder for me - than anything else!)

And on the side: I went camping this past weekend - just Saturday to Sunday. And I am so grateful that I had the wisdom to purchase a French Press a while back. A French Press - if you didn't know - is a coffee press! You pour boiling water in, over top of loose coffee grounds (which have been ground more coarse than for a usual drip coffee maker) and let it steep for about 4-5 minutes. Then you press it down, and VOILA! It's SO perfect! And this way of making coffee, actually grabs more flavour out of the coffee bean! So I love it! And thinking about a "conversation over coffee" I got this mental image of my coffee press (Oh how I love it...) and thought I should make reference. If you want one, check them out!

kay! That's it for the most random, crazy blog entry EVER. what is with me anyways...

Keep lovin' life oh friends! God is good!

mariajane.
(it's raining right now... go AWAY humidity! heh heh...)

2 comments:

DAve and JAnie said...

Hey Friend. I used my coffee press just the other day! I have two of them, both of which usualy sit in the cupboard because lots of caffine and breast milk don't mix.. but i have a little one serving size french presseeeerrr, and i drank dark, satisfying coffee yesterday and it felt great and tasted dreamy!
I have been thinking about the christian experience alot too. It is hard to 'experience' God, at least for me, when i am at home most days with a baby. I really experience God when i connect with people. It is in times of true friendship, community and understanding that i see more and more of God. I think that we all embody different aspect of God. You have different life experiences than me, and therefore have felt God in ways that i haven't. When i get to know you i see God in those ways, and therefore know more of him through you, his creation. This is one of the many reasons that i LOVE (caps for your pleasure!) being with people.
I really really will walk by your work sometime soon (in the next 29 days) to grab you, and then grab some coffee with you!
TaKE CARE little miss Maria wedding planning lady.
Your friend Janie!

Lori said...

At this moment I'm drinking coffee made in a french press!!! How cool is that? It's the only coffee maker I have. And usually it's great! I think it's tired though. Cause it's not as good as it used to be. Maybe the coffee grounds aren't as good anymore or something. I usually just drink the coffee at work rather than making it at home. But then it's coffee mate in the coffee and that's not as fun or tasty.
Being with people who spur me on spiritually is also HUGE in my life. Lately I've lost something in that. I've lost a couple friends to boys... But my personal God time has lacked even more, I think. Feeling a little distant... Maybe i should go spend some time right now. But there's so many other things to do!!! WRONG ATTITUDE LORINDA FAITH!!
Ok Bye. O, so few days left now, eh?