Thursday, January 19, 2006


Well, clarity comes in unusual ways, hm? Before I start, this picture is coming home from the WhiteShell in the summer... and the sky was so brilliant! There are more pictures... I am a bit of a fanatic, when I get going, hm?

Anyhow... I was reading John of the Cross yesterday (The Dark Night of the Soul)... and moments of bleakness... moments when your faith becomes "homely", and you are frustrated in the lack of color... it's alright. I think my problem, is that in those moments, instead of sitting back, and waiting for God... I want to get up and GO towards him. But sometimes the best posture I can take, is one of repose, and quiet. So yesterday I took a day to be peaceful. I wrote, I read, I made cinnamon buns... it was really wonderful. Well needed.

And (so John of the Cross tells me...) these moments of darkness... whether brief or lengthy, are times that God wants to draw us to himself... to replenish, strengthen and stretch us. The whole point, is that we cannot remain stagnant... we can't sit still in our faith... and those moments often come, when we are not recognizing that need to move, and grow to be more like Christ.
Anyhow... it made me content to be discontent... I feel like I then need to pause and sigh, and be joyful at once... Life, hm?

And I'd like to send a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS out to my friends, Janie and Dave Colvinson, who went and HAD A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL!!!!!
Praise the Lord! We are loving, and praying for you both!

The end!

mariajane.

3 comments:

pam said...

hey crazy lady.
wanted to let you know i enjoy your thoughts here.
happy day to you maria jane.

:) pam

Lori said...

I had this same basic discussion with my sister a couple weeks ago. Those dark times where you feel far away. you always do get through them, eh, but in the moment, they overtake you and they seem to be insurmountable. hmm. yeah.
Love ya!
Lori

maria enns said...

I know Lori...
The amazing thing is: That I feel now - like the darkness is light... my eyes are just tinted... I assume that anything "dry" isn't full of God... But God is very present in those moments... It's just my own perspective. I have been doing so much thinking about how our humanity really draws out our faith (in terms of emotions) and yet it can really control it... If we are having a hard time, God is "Far away..." But that is just because we don't "Feel" him... You know? And God has NEVER been limited by our feelings... our feelings only limit our understanding of Him... You know what I mean?
I hope so...

Thanks girlies! Lori & Pam... you guys are swell...

much love,

mariajane.