Tuesday, January 17, 2006

How long? How long has it been?!?!?
Somehow I knew that things would be this way... a fascination that I could not stay AWAY from for about a week and a half... and then it is a stretch to write regularly...
I believe it is because I do things all or nothing... so I can't come on and just "quickly write" something... IT MUST BE THE BEST!
oh... the best of the best.


This is where Maria is now:
I am working, at The Meeting Place... I have had a hard time feeling really motivated lately - just feeling unusually tired... but praying that God recreates vision and passion within me, to refocus, and be excited about this new year... of life and craziness...

I love worship, and I love singing... but when you do too much... and you are just working weekend to weekend... you start slowly ebbing away... draining out... and you need to replenish yourself. So I must replenish... not entirely sure how. What it means. But life must move forward. Even backward steps, are only tricky forward steps in my opinion... You just have to catch it!

I have considered, and might follow through, on quitting at Starbucks. This breaks my unusual heart... I love working there! Staff is super... and I get free COFFEE!!!! But my stressful life, and need to plan a wedding, and need to have time that is quiet, and also full of praise... it just outweighs my need for free coffee, and steaming milk, washing floors, etc... You dig it?!?! I DO!

I am making an effort to recapture what it means to fall in love with God. Not in the weird, romantic, nonsensical, lack of realism way... in the: My life is my faith - kind of way. I want to be known for Jesus. Man - it's easy to write... but to live? To be bold? To love well? I am a coward almost every day... no wait: I would say every day.

This must end. The thoughts, the madness.
I will most likely be off to to the "Wonderful Wedding Show" this weekend... if I can arrange it with work! I want FREE STUFF!!!!! Oh! And our reception site is SET IN STONE!!!!! So that is another gift. Praise the Lord! He is showering Adrian and I with gifts... We are SO grateful!

Anyhow. I thought I would include some lovely pictures today... Because yellow is happy and sunny... and because those leaves up there? They were the leaves in BC when I was there a few months ago... They are from the park, in which Adrian proposed, actually... (good times! good times!)
And while it was fall, and crisp, and clear in Abbostford is was freezing, and snow covered in Winnipeg... the joys of the West Coast! (tear, tear)

Ciao!

mariajane.

3 comments:

Lori said...

maria! I hear you sighing. Tired, wanting to be more of who God wants for you, wanting to be able to do it all, not being able to do it all. I hear you. Praying!
Love
Lori
PS - I'm back from Africa! mmm, so good. So good that I went, so good that I'm home. All of it!

Anonymous said...

Ummm how about a SHOUT OUT to the lovely photographer of the leaves...BRANDIE LEEANN BRADSHAW...aka maid of honor...no not a matron yet...but i guess you'll be a matron at my wedding now eh?!
all my love.
B.

maria enns said...

HI GIRLS!!!!!

Thanks Lori! I love ya! I dont know if you check the responses... but I am giving one. And Lori, you should know, and Brandie, you should be reminded, that I DID TOO take that picture of the leaves!!!! You arranged them though: I will give THAT one to you... but I took the picture...
BOO YA!

I love you! I love you both!!! The leaves are beautiful!!!!

ciao,

mariajane.