Tuesday, January 03, 2006


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I know, I know...
Two days too late, you say.
Well, as my father would inappropriately say: "Go suck rocks."
DAD! I GAVE YOU AWAY!!!!!

Just so you are all aware: I just had to go look up "Inappropriately" up in my dictionary, cuz I really thought it had two N's, instead of two P's... sheesh. So I cannot be credited with the spelling of that word. Though I would like to be.


So: A new year. Thoughts? Meanderings? Quips?
I would like to say only a few things (however typcially a few things, take a reasonable amount of time... so we'll see how THIS goes...)

Yes: I made resolutions. I am getting married. I am going to have sex (after I am married!). I am going to lose weight. I am going to do my devotions. I am going to do devotions and pray more with Adrian.

I think those were the things.
Typical? Probably. But for me: ridiculously personal. Adrian: I am so sorry I reminded the "world" (by world I mean my small world...) that one day, we will be having sex... but WHY hide from it? This is highly unprofessional, and most likely embarrassing, but I have rarely been one to think too much before I speak/write... so I obviously wont start now. It wasn't a resolution anyways. And isn't that what everyone LOVES about me...? Except a few select family members possibly... heh heh...

Will I follow through on those resolutions? Some of them: Quite obviously. In fact most of them are 'resolutions' cuz I KNEW they would be happening... tee hee hee... not because I think they SHOULD happen, or would like to "work on" making them happen. I cheat. I know.

But the resolutions that are in my own hands? That require self discipline, and potentially restraint? Well: We'll see how my heart and will hold up... I am praying that the Good Lord gives me more will power than I typically own... But I can't just "put" this on my dear Saviour either... right? Oh Abba... because he also wants me to take ownership of my decisions... he wants me to be responsible, and develop characteristics that honor him...

So to close today, I will remark on the first fragments of wedding plans that I have begun... Jodi Epp (my lovely roomate) has begun to help me sort through a guest list... OH MY WORD!!!! So to those of you who have done this before: KUDOS TO YOU!!! Because this is going to be the hard stuff. The tough crap.
I am not excited about working my way through this sucker... cuz man: I want EVERYONE AT MY WEDDING!!!! But as I discovered yesterday: this will not be possible.
I don't think they have a tent big enough...

So I will keep you posted on the stressful workings of my wedding plans...
Hope to go dress shopping soon... which could potentially be AMAZING, and also be very depressing... so may I go with the best intentions, and love for my self... and leave with a strong optimism, and that same dignity and self-confidence that I started my day with...

Well: have a wonderful day everyone! May Jesus be smiling on all of us!

mariajane.

10 comments:

kelly ens said...

hey maria! too weird. this is kelly here - tara's sister. I found your blog through dave & janie, through dave's sister claire, whom I used to work with. what a small world. how do you know them? anyway, just thought i'd say hi. tara is on a caribbean cruise (working) these days. lucky girl eh? well, i'll come by again sometime!

kelly ens said...

WHOA - i just realized you're engaged!!! CONGRATULATIONS! that is VERY exciting. And you'll have the same last name as me! well, mine is spelled ens, but it basically sounds the same! YAY! i hope all teh planning goes well for you!

maria enns said...

Kelly!
I don't know if you'll get this, but WOAH!!!! how crazy! Lovely to hear from you! It's true. I am engaged... good times, hm?
Well, I know Janie and Dave, cuz I went to school with both of them!
they are AMAZING! And they actually lived in the apartment down from me, a little while ago, so I saw them all the time...
they are going to have a baby soooo soon!
sweeeet.

hey, if you talk to Tara anytime soon: say hi for me! And thanks for the congrats! How IS married life anyways...? I can't WAIT!!!!
ciao!

mariajane.

DAve and JAnie said...

Hey you goofy gal! Don't you just love blog connections? happens all the time. I am guessing those people are from BC... dave's sister lives in Surrey.. so close to the ocean.. we love to visit her abode when in the vacinity (not even going to look the spelling up.. too lazy).

So, yes you will be having sex... my advice: don't do natural family planning (unless you want a family!) Ha, we only tried for like a month while i was between pill perscriptions and we botched that one up.. in a wonderful way of course! (by the way, love tha names of all your nieces and newphews! So creative!)

Oh, as you dress shop (worst experience for me just cause i am picky and don't like wedding dress trends) remember that if you really do not see the dress that blows you away you can always have one made (often for way less!) Have a super time taking your shoes off in every store! Ha ha, i guess that is easy for the rest of the world still!

Well i am going to go back to my sewing machine and continue to make curtains for the babino (i guess they are more for my delight that it's.. but i like to think that baby will really appreciate all the hard work i have done to make their room a wonderful place to sleep, drool, and be changed!) Take care, don't fall on ice.. ouch!
Janie

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria. Guess who found your blog?
;)

Click me to find out!

(wow, this message looks like spam. it's not. i swear. i promise. I promise on James Fast's life.)

kelly ens said...

ok, what do i comment on first? Janie - hadn't heard the story about one month of family planning. but i have to say...what do you call people who do family planning? parents! That's what I've noticed, anyway. but i'm glad you two are excited about it!
maria - i do hope you find the perfect dress (though janie is right again about getting it made). I found the best dress right away, and cancelled the rest of my dress-shopping appointments! so i hope it works out well for you too.
married life is WONDERFUL! we just had our 2nd anniversary, and it's been a great 2 years! MANY blessings from God, and we have just been so blessed to have a really healthy marriage. oh, and being pregnant is great too! no sickness at all - just a belly that's growing and kicking! :) i'll pass on your greetings to tara!

maria enns said...

Kelly!
hey! And yes: Congrats on the BELLY! So great. I was on your page for a little while... and that led me to Tara's page! Which is awesome! I can't leave her a message though, which is annoying, because I am not a member... but I might have to join, just so that I can BECOME a member, and leave her little posts... yeehaw!
And I hope the dress shopping goes well... I have this weight loss goal, that seems UNATAINABLE... but at least I can take a dress IN... I don't want to have to stretch it OUT... no no no!
har har. Anywho... talk to you... sometime? CRAZY! maria.

Courtney said...

Hey Maria,
Congrats! Sheldon and I are praying for the two of you! We hope you'll have a stress free next couple of months! You are often in my heart! Give Adrian a hug for me..

Courtney

Robyn said...

Hey, congrats on the upcomming wedding. Plans can be what you make of them. Speaking from experience, I just wed October 8th. Family can sometimes be the hardest people to deal with at this time. Take it all in stride.
(Btw, you don't have a clue who I am, I found your blog from a connection, and another and another! Hope you don't mind. Also was happy to see someone so close to my home town! Kenora)
Robyn aka justus

Anonymous said...

Maria! I remembered that you had a blog and thought I should look it up. It's like hearing you talk when I read your blog. Have fun dress shopping. Don't freak out when you see the prices. Mike and Jessie are getting married the week after you. We hope to go to your wedding and fly from there to Hamilton, rent a car and drive down to WV. August will be fun!!
Say Hi to Adrian!
Love A. Jane