Thursday, July 06, 2006

Frisbees... oh the joys!

Hey dudes!

Guess what? I accomplished some stuff this morning! YAH! I DID!
so I thought you all should know, so you could be thrilled with me... he he... tee hee hee...
Um - good times, yeh? I know it.
So I hope you are all so excited with and for me.

New thoughts? unsure.
Listening to Sixpence None the Richer... not minding it... you know - happy and warm fuzzies for the most part - not tooooo originally FREAKISHLY awesome, but relatively solid listening, as I ploud through work stuff. Oh good times!
I have discovered that I have to be organized to be productive. So at the TOP of my day, if I write myself some lists, and then keep that list in front of my face for the most part... I will stay relatively focused (relatively) - which is good! Good times!

Last night Adrian played Ultimate Frisbee with some church friends (from my "old" church - covenant crc - go team!) - I sadly could not play as my good 'ol nerve, and back issues aren't quite ready for the 'jarring effect' of playing ultimate... which is too bad! good excercise, and fun! Although, I will be honest: I don't think I would have been an asset to the team. When I panic with a frisbee I tend to throw spasmadically - only encouraging, and giving the other team many opportunities to CREAM us - so it's a good thing that Adrian played and NOT I - because he is a superstar! Yah! Go mister enns!!!!!!

I have this HORRIBLE frisbee story - wanna hear it? YES YOU DO!!!!! So Adrian LOVES Disc Golf - which is basically golf, but with frisbees (see picture at side of basket, and player throwing disc). Now listen guys, this sport is intense. It is actually (in all truth) a real sport, you can really buy frisbees that are different weights and sizes, which are for drivers, putters, etc. etc... even floaters, incase you are throwing near a river! There are only two locations in MB - one on Marion & Archibald - and then one out at Providence College! True story!

Okay - so the story! We are out playing Disc Golf this one glorious day, last summer/fall with our oh so amazing friends Ray & Nat Morin... It was my turn to throw the frisbee, and the basket was quite a ways off, so I was warming up for a strong distance-toss... Natalie was just off to my left (well, really quite off to my left!) and in NO WAY in the line of where my throw was going. As I was winding up, I thought to myself: "should I ask Nat to move? - nah... as if I would throw it THAT off!!! Ha ha Maria" [yes, these are my true thoughts. no noke. no word of a lie.]
I wind up, and heave the frisbee for my most excellent distance throw - and NAT GOES DOWN!!!! I pegged her IN THE NECK with my Driver!!!! Which is one of the heavier discs AT THAT!!!! Someone behind me yells... "SHE'S DOWN!!!! SHE'S DOWN!!!!!"
And Nat has collapsed on the grass, moaning and holding her neck!!!!!

MARIA JANE YOU IDIOT! WHOSE THROW IS THAT OFF!?!?!?! WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?


anyhow. Needless to say, after Ray (her husband) came DASHING out of the shrubbery (where he was retrieving his own thrown disc) to the rescue... Nat was able to stand, with tears in her eyes, and a large red welt on her neck, and continue playing.
I have not, and will not forget this injury. And every now and then, we like to bring it up... To laugh at me, and the way that Nat FLUNG herself onto the grass after the toss... and the way that Ray BOUNDED up the grass embankment to help his cherished one... It was an amusing time AFTER the fatal injury was pronounced less fatal.

I felt pretty lame.

THE END.

Have a delightful day! I am ending at THAT.

oh the times we have. hm? what now? what was that maria?
I do like to attempt to KILL My friends on the odd occasion.
watch your backs.

mariajane.

For more information on Disc Golf, check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf

3 comments:

Lori said...

HA HA HA!!! I'm laughing at you! WITH you... So funny! way to go Maria!
36 days, eh? Wowzers! How cool is that?

maria enns said...

I KNOW! I am so so so excited Lori... and I got your response... and I am SO PUMPED. ARGH!!! It's going to be the MOST fun EVER.
oh yah, when are you coming in again? And am I picking you up? I think Brandie and I are picking you up that first night... is that the Thursday night? The Wednesday night...? I forget. boo urns.

kay! Love you!
mj.

Lori said...

Wednesday night/Thursday morning! At 12:41 AM Sorry!!!! It was like 1/2 the price of the other flights. I'm all about SAVING what I can!
THANX!!!
Lori