Wednesday, February 01, 2006

THOSE BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS...
and Gift Registries...

So, about registering...
what is the DEAL?!?!?!?

I like color... and I like new stuff... But then there is practicality, and:
"What does he have? What do I have?"
This involves THOUGHT!
I thought I could just walk into a pretty store and pick some pretty things that I really want... and then all would be well in the world! This is not how it is. No. But almost. I mean, despite the limitations that I thought would NOT be affecting me this evening... I am still pretty excited about the freedom that does remain...

Ah... the world is still beautiful! I think it could never STOP being beautiful... I could stop being beautiful... But the world couldn't... You know? Do you KNOW what I mean. And it's NOT beautiful because of the pretty things I could potentially have. No.

It is beautiful, because God consistently shows up in it. In subtle, or rather blatant ways... but when it stops being beautiful, it's usually because I have stopped looking... I heard this photographer from National Geographic speak at a worship conference... he was amazing. National Geographic picks him to photograph the worst places... because it doesn't matter where they send him, he always comes back with a beautiful picture! Where everyone else would find something dead, or lifeless, he finds life, and beauty... and he says: it's an attitude. If you recognize, that it doesn't matter where you go, there is something beautiful there... then you'll find it. It's your sight that is usually the problem.

So tonight is beautiful. Chicken and Rice, and then Home Outfitters...
Does it GET any better? And could I BE any more random? Think about it: from gift registeries, to BEAUTY - how to percieve it... Wow. I'm good... I mean, I'm reeeeally good...

Love. Shallom!
mariajane.

PS: sorry, no picture today... I became significantly less interesting immediately! oops.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Maria, you're so hilarious! I love your randomness AND your depth. It's so true, you know, life is beautiful, and you need to have the attitude of recognizing the beauty wherever you can. if you don't you'll end up depressed cause there's a lot of other things in the world (the WORLDLY THINGS) that are not beautiful!
Love you!
Lori

maria enns said...

HEY!!!!!!!
Lori, you are so great!
I love hearing from you! YAH!
It excites me... Hey - you get to see Amy soon, and you guys are going to have a SUPER time. So cool.
I love you!!!!!!
mariajane.

DAve and JAnie said...

ohh la la.. registering! Things are really becoming a reality now!

I hope you are having a really great time dreaming up your day with Adrian! I bet your wedding will just ring with personality!

Corrina says hello to you, and can't wait to meet you one days soon! Take care