Tuesday, February 28, 2006

grey matter

So I have not written, in what seems, 'a coon's age'.
I am not sure, as to the reason. But I do apologize. Life, it seems, caught up with me... It has been over a week, since the exceptionally eventful purchase of my oh-so-lovely wedding dress... and the thought of it, I am proud to say: brings me sheer joy! True Story.
In the meantime, my head and heart have been full, and yet lacking particular clarity, I would say... Last week I had the privilidge of having more spare time than usual, and it was so wonderful. I read a lot, and journaled. All, very lovely things to do in your spare time.

I am only slightly ashamed to say, part of that time was designated to some serious '24' watching - good old Kiefer Sutherland, and '24'... It was great. I stayed up significantly late on Saturday night, to finish watching Season 3 (we rented them on DVD...). And it was so worth it.

Do I have anything significant to say? I don't think so.
I can say that my heart feels very full - as does my mind. Almost numb feeling... and full in terms of thoughts running rampant, that I can't really pin down... I'm not sure what it really is... but I have had so many thoughts as of late. It's almost like fatigue...
Do you ever feel the eternity of your soul? I know that sounds so "vague" and "romantic" - and yet sometimes, the way that life presses in, and I just sort of sit back, and take it in... I feel eternity in moments... it's a scary thing, and yet a beautiful thing, all at once. Almost in a mist - haze - It reminds me how fragile, and yet permanent I am. How it all matters, and yet doesn't matter at all...
I should end, because you know - when my brain is fuzzy, not too many interesting things emerge! WOAH! So I would looooove to end, with a prayer for my friends! Because I love you guys!

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his might strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms..."
Ephesians 1:16-20

oh so much love,
mariajane



2 comments:

Laura said...

Maria, I liked what you said about the 'fatigue' feeling. I think I can relate to spiritual fatigue ... it might be interesting to read up on that. I'm gonna blog about it!!! ;)

You write beautiful words, and it's neat because the way you write doesn't seem fluffy even though you're talking about spirituality. I think that's sometimes hard to come by. Down with fluff.

DAve and JAnie said...

Hey you! So you and Jodi can come by anytime to meet Corrina and hang out a bit. That would be great. Plus i would love to hear all about your wedding plans. I will get around to emailing you our phone number, and address, so we can arrange something.

Take it easy.
janie