Saturday, December 09, 2006

the christmas bug...


So Christmas is officially upon us.
I mean, I was excited earlier, but now it is ACTUALLY HERE - we are hardly two weeks away from the splendid weekend of merriment...

Adrian and I celebrated his sisters wedding in Winkler last weekend - his brother and sister in law, Nathan & Mary Enns flew out from Oregon, and so we enjoyed a weekend with the whole Enns family home! Yay! Truly good times. Cherry and her husband (crazy!) were actually married OUTSIDE last saturday evening, in a beautiful candle / torch lit backyard... it was really beautiful and REALLY cold...
We had Christmas together as a family on Sunday which was really fun - played some good games, opened presents, ate good food. So now we are REALLY in the spirit of Christmas!
Unlike me, I have actually bought three christmas gifs already! This is probably the earliest that I have EVER gotten the christmas shopping done... and I hardly know what to do with myself...
it's crazy. I will download some lovely pictures for you to see, of my Christmasey living room, and also a picture of Dustin & Cherry
on the wedding day... She was sooo lovely!


So this is my living room! The second screen there is Adrian on his laptop...

This is a christmas wreath, made by Jane Martens!
She is amazing, and creates the most amazing mosaics!
Check our her website: www.blueskymosaic.ca (it's alsoin my links!)



all in all, the last week or so has been nearly perfect - and the next two weeks are probably some of the busiest in my LIFE as church is soooo busy preparing for Christmas services, and then also trying to stay on top of all the usual stuff! So a busy, but oh so

cherished season is upon us!

Something I would looove to leave you with: I need to remember this - to take TIME to be quiet, and enjoy that this can be a time of stillness and mystery! It's NOT about rush, and gifts... those things maybe help us celebrate the coming of Christ, however some of the most cherished memories that I have, are nights playing cards, fondues with the family, late night talks, and laughter. Seek that out this season, and don't allow the rush to mess with you!!!

much love, and talk to you soon!

mariajane.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so happy for you that you got to spend some good family time with your inlaws! Your living room looks lovely! I love LIGHTS. mmmm.
Thanx for the advice on busyness. We all need it - you do need to keep this in YOUR mind, cause I know you Maria - you do the busy thing a lot. Be good!!!
Love you LOTS!!!

Tricia said...

I am increasingly disturbed by the number of marriages occuring as the result of relationships that started after mine...

I keep trying to remember, my value = my life, not my values = everyone else's life...

I suck.

Tricia said...

Thanks for the support regarding my relationship cynacism. I've actually been with my boyfriend for over two years. It's been good, and I would definitely classify is as love. But I'm still stuck in the belief of 5-6 year relationships... I don't think I fit with the sterotypical Christian relationship perspective, and I definitely don't fit with the Mennonite perspective. It's a good thing Brad's a pretty progressive Mennonite who doesn't care that I'm crazy. And you can't argue that I'm not crazy. That's something no one can deny.

Love you,
Tricia

Tricia said...

So we're conversing, via one-another's blogs... interesting. No, you don't know Brad. I met him at Zellers. I guess this just shows how much time we've spent together lately, doesn't it? Oh well!

Yeah, it's kind of cray how the time issue works. I know I'm not ready for marriage and I don't want to be ready. But then there are times when I'm just annoyed by the fact that people get married so quickly, and I feel like people are judging me and my relationship because I'm/we're not ready to move that fast... Honestly, it's a stupid thing to get annoyed by, and it goes back to the whole my values = my life philosophy...

Tricia

Courtney said...

Hey it was great seeing you! THANK You for spending time with us! I wish we could spend many more hours talking over coffee and playing games ... the weekend went ok... Jared cried all night last night and lots today though... he was definetely ready to be home. Blessings to you both! We love you!

DAve and JAnie said...

Maria

We have been running around crazy too. Poor Corrina had one evening at home out of the last 7. Ick.

Your living room looks great and shiny!
I have to go to bed now and have dreams.
I think we should all get together after Christmas. Dave has that week off. We will be in touch.
Have a super Christmas.
Oh, loved the picture of Cherry. She does look great.I am excited for her.

Janie