Wednesday, December 28, 2005



Yes, the rumours are true...

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!




God has seen fit to bless me with an AMAZING fiance, Adrian Enns!

The story is this:

I flew to BC to visit family and friends for a week... Adrian dropped me off at the airport that afternoon... (Tuesday, November 22) and little did I know... five hours later he too, boarded a plane, to come out to the WONDERFUL West Coast!
Well, the next Day (November 23!) I was walking in a park in Abbostford (Mill Lake Park to be exact...) with my dear friend Brandie Bradshaw (who was IN ON IT the entire time...).
We had walked around half of the lake, when Brandie said, "Hey, why don't we sit for a little while?"
I was innocently compliant, enjoying my eggnog latte (Starbucks! yay!) and the conversation... About five minutes after being perched on the bench, Brandie got an "important call" from one of the parents of the youth at the church she works at.
She was very apologetic, but knew that she "had to take the call"... so I dismissed her graciously... and she walked away to talk quite seriously...
I remained near the bench... pondering over what to do while I waited... it was a little cold, so the thought of moving around appealed to me... I debated taking more pictures (than I already had... the park was quite pretty, and I had already been taking a lot of pics of ducks... trees... leaves...) and decided against it. My thoughts returned to my latte... and I remembered that I had finished it, and it was sitting underneath our lovely little bench...
I was thoroughly excited at the prospect of having something to do: "I could throw away my cup!" I turned around to pick it up, and there, having walked through some bushes, near the lakefront, was Adrian! Walking straight towards me!!!!


I was caught COMPLETELY offguard. My initial response was one of shock, and disbelief... like he was a mirage... something not real... I was imagining him!!!

"What... no... how...? you... no... I don't... HOW?! Oh my word..."

When suddenly it registered... Why he was there... walking towards me with 11 red roses (he had sneakily foreshadowed this event, by sending one red rose with me on the planeride to BC), his hand in his bag, and a look of nervous anticipation and LOVE on his face!!!! My response immediately turned to two things:

1. "Oh my word! Oh my word.... oh my word... Oh my WORD!" (this was repeated, for most likely 3 minutes...)
2. While tears began POURING down my face!!! (for those of you who know: I'm not much of a crier... so tears were wonderfully appropriate, in conjunction with my enthusiasm, and disbelief!)

Needless to say, Adrian got down on one knee, after some sweet antidotes about how much he loves me, and wants to spend the rest of his life getting to know me better... (yes, the tears continue to flow from my eyes!!!) and in immediate response, I break up the "Oh my words" with a "YES!!!"...
*sigh*

Life is nearly perfect in this moment. I feel scared: scared that I am embarking in loving one person, more than I have ever loved anybody... and knowing that without God's help... I could really mess this up!!!! But also, excitement: because I've never wanted to risk that on anybody, more than Adrian. I felt so undeserving of such a gift!
This man loves me more than I think I deserve... But I know, that God smiles on me, and wants what is best for me: and Adrian is above and beyond the best gift EVER!!!!!

I am unworthy of God's smile!!!

So. That is that! I am going to post a few pictures on here, so you can see the place, and a pic of Adrian and me on that oh so wonderful day... I am looking a little... fuzzy... as I had been crying for a LONG time...

Oh, and when Brandie returned from her "phone call" (which was really Adrian calling her to let her know that he was "in place"... ) I SHRIEKED... and the madness BEGAN!!!!!

That is that.
I thought it important to write it all down, for the world to read... YAY!!!!!!

So I would just like to thank (once again) my amazing heavenly father, who sees fit to put such gifts in my life... I have amazing friends, and a wonderful fiance, and an amazing family... all of whom support and love me... GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!

I will keep you posted on wedding plans!
WOO HOO!!!!!!

maria jane.



1 comment:

beth mckenna neufeld said...

Congrats Maria!

keep on blogging...

from beth